Saturday, November 30, 2013

Time for TIME MANAGEMENT

I have multiple To Do Lists and not enough time to do everything. And I have recently come to notice that I have been spending the time that could be spent "doing," writing down what needs to be done and (instead of doing those things) losing those multiple lists and fretting because I feel OVERWHELMED. I admit I have a VERY bad case of the MOMMY SYNDROME: If you want something done right, do it yourself.

In my household, I compare myself to The Wolf from Pulp Fiction. I step into the disaster and, as if by miracle, restore normalcy. That has been my gift. But now, so many lucrative opportunities are right at my fingertips and... I find that I am short on money, short on time, short on energy and...too exhausted to stretch. I want it all done right (perfectly if possible) but I do not know how to delegate or share my workload.

So I envision myself: walking through a crowded Subway car, with a discarded coffee cup, saying, "Excuse me ladies and gentlemen, pardon this interruption. I am an award winning author. I have a beautiful home and beautiful children who go to great schools. I am working on multiple projects and my portfolio and skill set is VERY impressive. I will soon be a multimillionaire. However, at the present time, I am experiencing a negative cash flow. And right now, my entire staff is holding this coffee cup. Any generosity shown me today, will go toward paying an intern. Thank you and have a nice day."

In the meantime, time for TIME MANAGEMENT.

Immediate Solution:
1. Sort
2. Purge
3. Prioritize (Money generating activities take priority)
4. Schedule (Make a Calendar)
5. Do/Perform
6. Periodically Check, Check-off and Update Calendar
7. Prepare Instructions
8. Enlist Help
 

No comments: