Thursday, November 28, 2013

Showcasing My Babies....

When my first child was born, I was the only mother in the world. My child was gorgeous, intelligent, dainty, articulate, rambunctious, and sassy. She was fierce, while all the other babies were, aaa-ight. It wasn't until much later (At a first birthday party, where another parent and I were at each other's throats in a what-my-baby-can-do battle) that something dawned on me. I am not the only mother, nor am I the first. Every mother worthy of this assignment feels exactly the same way about her child.

This lesson also carries over to the literary world, where writers are doing the best they can to nurture their babies. And authors, however sensitive, are brave enough to share their babies. WRITE ON, sisters and brothers!

No comments: