Thursday, December 12, 2013

IF YOU WANT TO BE A GREAT WRITER, MONEY CAN NOT BE YOUR MOTIVATION.

Writing felt like a chore to me when my butt was in the chair for VERY long spans of  time and I could not drum up anything at all to put on the page (because I was trying to write like Toni Morrison, finish in 3 months, get on the New York Times Best Sellers List, and earn millions and millions of dollars).

Once I let go of all unreasonable expectations and just wrote (what I like) because I love to write and it didn't matter if I ever got paid for it or not (because I would actually do it for free), then my writing transitioned (switched) to a passion and exploded brilliantly onto the page.

1 comment:

Love and Happiness said...

I agree that one have to have a passion for writing and money cannot be the sole motivation for it! Well spoken.